Our vision is that advance care planning becomes a natural and expected part of care in our community. We want adults to feel comfortable discussing their end-of-life wishes, understand their medical care options and express their values with their loved ones and medical providers, ensuring that medical directives are available when they are needed.
When we began this work in 2016, only a third of Larimer County residents had completed their advance care directives. More significantly, only 8% had discussed their preferences for end-of-life care with their health-care providers. Since that time, we have worked to bridge gaps in services, provide education, and guide community members in making their medical preferences known and documented.
The Health District of Northern Larimer County is proud to partner with, UCHealth's Aspen Club, Palliative Care Team at UCHealth, Associates in Family Medicine, Columbine Health Systems, Larimer County Office on Aging and Sharing the Care Campaign to enhance advance care planning in our community.
The Health District is a public agency that provides residents of northern Larimer County with dental, mental health, preventive health and advance care planning services, in addition to connecting people to more affordable prescription and health insurance options.
Larimer Advance Care Planning
I'm here to guide you through these steps, consider your options and ensure your documents are complete.
We Want to Help You
Create Your Plan!
1. Think about your plan and what it should say to reflect your values and wishes
2. Talk about your wishes - with loved ones, friends and your doctor
3. Fill out the forms - Medical Durable Power of Attorney and Living Will
4. Select and prepare the person who is named as your health-care agent
5. Share your plan - add them to your medical record; let your health-care agent, family and close friends know how to access the forms when they are needed